Requests for new connections to our pipelines are handled by our Business Development Representatives and must be submitted in writing. All new connection requests will be subject to:
- design requirements necessary to protect the safety, security, integrity and efficient operation of our pipeline(s) in accordance with generally accepted industry standards and
- compliance requests per governmental regulations
Our vision is to be recognized as a valued partner in pipeline solutions. Chevron Pipe Line Company works in partnership with our customers to design solutions that meet their pipeline transportation and storage needs.
becoming a shipper
Our Customer Service Representatives can assist you in becoming a shipper on any of our common carrier pipeline systems. Our requirements are that you provide the following:
- A letter indicating your desire to become a shipper
- Written proof that you have a supply source for your commodity
- Written proof that you have a terminal or connecting carrier that will receive your commodity from our pipeline
- For prorated systems only: a letter signed by an officer of your company stating that you have not been a consignee of an existing shipper on that pipeline in the preceding 12 months
Additionally, all prospective shippers must submit sufficient financial information to establish credit-worthiness. If a potential shipper is not credit-worthy or if a shipper's credit deteriorates, we may require prepayment of tariff-related charges and/or a letter of credit from an appropriate financial institution in acceptable form.
Submit your documents to Chevron Pipe Line Company and you will be contacted in writing as to the status of your request.
Chevron Pipe Line Company manages both gravity and sulfur banks to ensure that shippers will not be disadvantaged or allowed to benefit from changes in quality as a result of common stream operations. Contact the Customer Service Representative to find out which crude systems are managed using quality banks.
In order to maintain this objective, Chevron Pipe Line Company’s sulfur and gravity banks calculate, collect and remit monetary adjustments among all shippers tendering to the system to account for changes in sulfur and/or gravity resulting from common stream system operations.
Chevron is one of the world's leading integrated energy companies, with subsidiaries that conduct business around the world.
Chevron Pipe Line Company
1400 Smith St.
Houston, TX 77002
Telephone: +1 877.596.2800
For further tariff information, or to request copies of tariffs no longer in effect, please call toll-free +1 877.488.5332.
You may also email tariff inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pipeline Safety & Disturbances
To report irregularities or damages to a pipeline – scrapes, dents, gouges or disturbances – please contact us immediately at +1 877.596.2800. It is urgent that the pipeline owner inspect and repair any damage to the line or coating.