Chevron's Supplier Diversity/Small Business Program promotes an inclusive business environment for the benefit of the company and our suppliers. Program participants must provide proof of certification from the National Minority Development Council, the Women's Business Enterprise National Council, the U.S. Small Business Administration, and the National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce. We work with the following business concerns to develop innovative, cost-effective solutions that fuel our mutual growth:
- Small businesses
- Small disadvantaged businesses
- Small woman-owned businesses
- Historically Underutilized Business (HUB) Zone businesses
- Small veteran-owned businesses
- Small service-disabled veteran-owned businesses
- Certified woman-owned businesses
- Certified minority-owned businesses
- Certified Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender-owned businesses
Our Supplier Diversity/Small Business Program consists of:
- Utilization - We integrate strategies to include competitive sourcing opportunities.
- Training and education - We offer training and support for small, minority and women-owned businesses on how to do business with Chevron.
- Tracking - We monitor and report our progress towards achieving our program targets with emphasis on continuous improvement.
- Certification - We verify that businesses meet the criteria of ownership to qualify as a minority, woman-owned, small disadvantaged or HUB Zone certified firm. Certification workshops, training and partnerships with recognized certifying organizations help facilitate the process.
- Outreach - We seek out diverse suppliers through active involvement with small business and minority development organizations and participation in various trade shows.
Updated: December 2011