Chevron Press Release - Chevron Announces Stockholder Voting Results 1999-04-28
SAN RAMON, Calif., April 28, 1999 -- Chevron Corp. stockholders today elected 13 incumbent directors for one-year terms and voted to retain PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP as the company's independent auditor.
The stockholder voting was as follows:
- More than 488.6 million shares, 96 percent of the votes cast, were for the 13 management nominees to the Board of Directors.
- More than 504.1 million shares, 99 percent of the votes cast, approved the appointment of PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP as independent public accountants.
- A stockholder proposal to adopt a toxic chemical information policy related to company refineries was defeated by 88 percent of the votes cast.
- A stockholder proposal to report on greenhouse gas emissions from company operations was defeated by 87 percent of the votes cast.
- A stockholder proposal to cancel any future plans for drilling in the coastal plain of the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge was defeated by 90 percent of the votes cast.
Updated: April 1999