Chevron Press Release - Chevron Announces Stockholder Voting Results 2000-04-26
SAN RAMON, Calif., April 26, 2000 -- Chevron Corp. stockholders today elected 12 incumbent directors for one-year terms and voted to double the authorized shares of common stock.
A preliminary report of the stockholders vote is as follows:
- More than 491 million shares, 99 percent of the votes cast, were for the 12 management nominees to the Board of Directors.
- More than 471 million shares, 72 percent of the shares entitled to vote, and 96 percent of the votes cast, approved increasing shares of common stock.
- More than 490 million shares, 99 percent of the votes cast, ratified the appointment of PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP as independent public accountants.
- A stockholder proposal to eliminate bioaccumulative halogenated pollutants was defeated by 93 percent of the votes cast.
- A stockholder proposal to report on potential environmental damage to the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge was defeated by 93 percent of the votes cast.
- A stockholder proposal to report on greenhouse gas emissions from company operations was defeated by 91 percent of the votes cast.
The final vote will be reported in Chevron's second quarter 10Q to be filed with the SEC in July 2000.
Updated: April 2000