Chevron Press Release - Chevron Announces Stockholder Voting Results 2001-04-25
LOS ANGELES, April 25, 2001 -- Chevron Corp. stockholders today elected nine incumbent directors for one-year terms and voted to increase the authorized shares of common stock.
A report of the preliminary stockholders' vote is as follows:
- More than 520 million shares, 99 percent of the votes cast, were for the nine management nominees to the Board of Directors.
- More than 508 million shares, 79 percent of the shares entitled to vote, and 96 percent of the votes cast, approved increasing the authorized shares of Chevron common stock.
- More than 505 million shares, 95 percent of the votes cast, ratified the appointment of PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP as independent public accountants.
- A stockholder proposal to eliminate bioaccumulative halogenated pollutants was defeated by 92 percent of the votes cast.
- A stockholder proposal to report on potential environmental damage to the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge was defeated by 89 percent of the votes cast.
- A stockholder proposal to report on greenhouse gas emissions from company operations was defeated by 90 percent of the votes cast.
The final vote will be reported in Chevron's second quarter 10Q to be filed with the SEC in August 2001.
Updated: April 2001