Texaco Press Release - Clarence P. Cazalot, Jr., Named President, International Production Expansion
Expansion of International Upstream Team To Focus on Growth Opportunities
FOR RELEASE: WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 3, 1997.
WHITE PLAINS, N.Y., Dec. 3 - Texaco announced today the appointment of Clarence P. Cazalot, Jr., as President, International Production with responsibility for production activities in Europe, Eurasia (including Russia and the Caspian Region) and the Middle East, effective January 1, 1998. The move is part of an expansion of the company's international upstream leadership team to provide greater focus on growth opportunities in worldwide exploration and production, according to C. Robert Black, Texaco Inc. Senior Vice President and President, Worldwide Exploration and Production.
"Over the past year we have seen a tremendous increase of opportunities in the international upstream area of our business," said Black. "These opportunities include promising new regions for exploration, technology that allows us to boost production from existing assets, and opportunities to participate in developing high-impact projects. Our expanded leadership team will allow us to take full advantage of these opportunities in a speedy, focused and effective manner."
In addition to his international production activities, Cazalot, a Texaco Inc. Vice President, will serve as Chairman of Texaco's group of companies based in the United Kingdom. Most recently, Cazalot was President, Texaco International Marketing and Manufacturing. In his new role, Cazalot will relocate from Harrison, N.Y., to London.
Cazalot's team will include:
- John W. McDonald, Vice President, International Production, with responsibility for Europe. McDonald most recently served as Vice President of North America Production - Offshore Region in New Orleans. He will relocate to London.;
- Larry A. Andersen, Vice President International Production, with responsibility for Eurasia; and
- George F. Sandison, President, Saudi Arabian Texaco, Inc.
Texaco Inc. Vice President Robert A. Solberg remains as President, International Production, with responsibility for Asia, the Pacific Rim, West Africa and South America.
Solberg's team includes:
- Donald A. Bennett, Vice President, International Production, with responsibility for South America. Most recently, Bennett served as Vice President, International Production, Europe/Africa region and Chairman of Texaco Ltd. Bennett will relocate to Houston, and will continue to have responsibility for West Africa.;
- Cecil M. Chopin, Vice President, International Production, with responsibility for Indonesia; and
- Donald L. Hynek, Vice President, International Production, with responsibility for Asia and the Pacific Rim.
"Clarence Cazalot has had remarkable success in both the upstream and downstream sectors during his career with Texaco," said Black. "Together with Bob Solberg and their experienced and capable leadership teams, they have demonstrated a proven ability to maximize value from existing assets as well as identify new opportunities to create value for Texaco's shareholders and execute these projects in an effective manner. We believe this team will enable us to strengthen our leadership position in the upstream sector."
Updated: December 1997