Texaco Press Release - Texaco Announces Grand Opening of Online Electronic Store
Promotional Give-Away to the first 500 Customers To Register
FOR RELEASE: FRIDAY, MAY 29, 1998.
WHITE PLAINS, N.Y., May 29 - Texaco today announced the grand opening of an online customer-interactive store called the Texaco eStoresm where memorabilia collectors, auto racing fans and consumers seeking high-quality gifts can now use the internet to purchase items bearing the world-famous Texaco logo.
To celebrate the grand opening of the Texaco eStore, the first 500 customers to register, starting on June 1, will receive a free Texaco T-shirt.
In announcing the debut of the Texaco eStore, Texaco General Manager of Public Relations and Advertising Kjestine M. Anderson said, "The Texaco Star is among the most widely recognized trademarks in the world both as a historical American icon and as a modern symbol of quality products. We are thrilled to provide consumers with the opportunity to purchase distinctive Texaco collectibles and gifts through the convenience of the internet."
The Texaco eStore puts one-stop shopping for Texaco merchandise at a customer's fingertips by clicking on the Texaco eStore icon on the Texaco home page (www.texaco.com) for a list of Specialty Shops. In addition to a wide selection of jackets, shirts, caps and t-shirts available, a sample of specialty items includes the following.
- Nostalgia: Items bearing vintage Texaco logos.
- Racing: Die Cast Race Car Key Ring, Workout Bag, Umbrella and Travel Mug.
- Olympic: Downhill Pullover, Backpack, Commuter Mug, Mini Army Knife and Lapel Pin.
- Golf: Golf Balls, Tees, Markers and Towel, Head Covers, Umbrella and Sport Bag.
- Corporate: Sweatshirts, Calculator, Attach, Weekender Bag, Leather Portfolio, Toscana Desk Folder, Pens, Pen/Pencil Sets, Watches, Key Tags, Mugs, Can Cooler, Pocket Knives and Tools.
Texaco will continue to add additional items to the Texaco eStore catalog and sponsor promotions on a regular basis
Updated: May 1998