Texaco Press Release - Texaco Announces Leadership Team for Worldwide Exploration and Production
Global E&P Group Enables Texaco to Move Quickly on Business Opportunities and Technology Solutions
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: WEDNESDAY, MARCH 5, 1997
WHITE PLAINS, N.Y., March 5 - Texaco Inc. today announced the appointment of the team that will lead its worldwide exploration and production activities. These appointments follow Texaco's realignment from a geographic to a functional orientation, which took effect on January 1, 1997.
The newly-formed group, Texaco Worldwide Exploration and Production, is responsible for carrying out the company's exploration and production activities on a global basis. By placing all of these activities in a single operating unit, the company will improve communication and coordination among its operations, and enhance the sharing of information, technology, ideas and resources.
Texaco Inc. Senior Vice President and President of Texaco Worldwide Exploration and Production C. Robert Black, said, "The men and women leading Texaco's exploration and production efforts bring a combination of deep experience, fresh insights and innovative thinking and our new organizational structure enables us to tap into these strengths more effectively. With this team and organization, I believe we will be able to enhance significantly our ability to grow existing businesses as well as to identify and swiftly execute on new opportunities."
The appointments have been made in the group's four major units, along with the support services area. The four units North America Producing, International Producing, New Business Development and Exploration are based in Houston.
North America Producing
North America Producing is headed by Texaco Inc. Vice President and President of Texaco North America Producing Claire S. Farley. Its goal is to expand the company's leadership position in the region as a low-cost producer by increasing volumes from existing fields in a cost-effective way. The unit will focus on accelerating the development of new discoveries in the Gulf of Mexico along with the implementation of significant new CO2 projects in the Permian Basin. Following are the new team leaders:
- Melvin E. "Gene" Mills, who has been named Vice President - Bakersfield Region, based in Bakersfield, Calif. Most recently, he served as Assistant to the President of Texaco Exploration and Production Inc. (TEPI);
- Robert S. Lane, who has been named Vice President - Denver Region, based in Denver. Lane was previously Division Manager - Onshore for TEPI;
- Helen C. Pattison, who has been named Vice President - Onshore Region, based in New Orleans. Most recently, Pattison served as Business Unit Manager - Permian Basin East for TEPI; and
- John W. McDonald, who has been named Vice President - Offshore Region, based in New Orleans. Previously, McDonald served as Division Manager - Offshore for TEPI.
The international producing team is headed by Texaco Inc. Vice President and President of Texaco International Producing Robert A. Solberg. This unit is a consolidation of the three former international operating divisions. It will focus on growing existing operations and quickly implementing major new projects ranging from the Erskine Field in the North Sea, to the Hamaca project in Venezuela, to the Minas light oil steamflood in Indonesia. The team leaders are:
- Janet L. Stoner, who has been named Vice President - Latin America Region, based in Houston. Additionally, she will serve as Director, New Business Development - Latin America. Stoner previously served as Vice President of Exploration and Production for Texaco's former Latin America/West Africa Division;
- Donald A. Bennett, who has been named Vice President - Europe/Africa Region, based in London. Bennett will continue to serve as Chairman of Texaco Ltd.;
- Larry A. Anderson, who has been named Vice President - Middle East/Eurasia Region, based in London. Anderson previously served as President of Saudi Arabian Texaco Inc.;
- Donald L. Hynek, who has been named Vice President - Asia Pacific Region, based in Houston. Previously, Hynek served as General Manager - Asset Development for Texaco Ltd.; and
- Cecil M. Chopin, who has been named Vice President - Indonesia Region, based in Houston. Most recently, Chopin served as Senior Vice President of Texaco's former Middle East/Far East Division.
New Business Development
Texaco's worldwide upstream new business development activities are headed by Vice President of Texaco Worldwide Exploration and Production - New Business Development Thomas L. Hazen. The mission for this unit is to identify and develop opportunities and revenue sources more quickly and to help make a seamless shift into operation. The team is structured to bring a global approach to world-class opportunities and to bring these projects efficiently toward realization. The team leaders include:
- D. York LeCorgne, who has been named General Manager - Portfolio Coordination & Analysis, based in Houston. LeCorgne formerly served as Managing Director - Exploration and Production for Texaco Ltd.;
- Alan J. Neil, who has been named Director - Asia/Pacific Region, based in Houston. He previously served as Vice President and Managing Director of Texaco Exploration (Thailand) Ltd.;
- Audie P. Setters, who has been named Director - Europe/Africa Region, based in London. Setters formerly served as Manager of Commercial Development for Texaco Ltd.;
- Peter F. Riches, who has been named Director - Eurasia/Middle East Region, based in London. Most recently, he was General Manager of Texaco Central & Eastern Europe;
- Corla C. Davis, who has been named Director - Russia, based in Houston. Davis previously served as Manager - Exploration and Production for Texaco Europe. She also represents Texaco on the Timan Pechora Company Members Committee; and
- Harold L. Cargol, Jr., who has been named Manager - Contracts & Negotiations, international exploration and production, based in Houston. Cargol most recently was land manager for the Offshore Division of TEPI.
Exploration activities are headed by President of Texaco Exploration Bruce S. Appelbaum. This unit deploys its team across the globe to identify opportunities which can have a major impact on the company's growth. The team leaders include.
- Jesse M. Mericle, who has been named Regional Manager - West Africa, based in Houston. Mericle previously served as Manager of Exploration and New Ventures - West Africa, for Texaco International Exploration (TIE);
- Donnie MacDonald, who has been named Regional Manager - Latin America, based in Houston. Most recently MacDonald was General Manager - Atlantic Margin for Texaco Ltd.;
- Alan C. Cocks, who has been named Regional Manager - Far East, based in Houston. He formerly served as President of Texaco Canada Petroleum Inc.;
- William V. Maloney, who has been named Regional Manager - Former Soviet Union & the Middle East, based in London. Maloney most recently served as Manager - Exploration Ventures for TIE; and
- John J. Miller, who has been named Regional Manager - Europe, based in London. Miller previously served as Manager - Exploration for TIE.
Black noted that a vital factor for success is providing employees with the tools and support necessary to achieve their ambitious objectives. These support groups will provide shared services to all of the operating units. The team leaders include: Daniel S. Herbert, who has been named Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, based in Houston. Herbert most recently served as Director of International Finance for Texaco Inc.;
- Asif Mahmood, who has been named Vice President - Planning, based in Houston. Previously, Mahmood was Director of Planning for TEPI;
- Richard J. Loving, who has been named Vice President - Human Resources, based in Houston. Most recently Loving served as Manager of Human Resources for TEPI; and
- Larry N. Port, who is Assistant General Counsel of Texaco Inc. and will have responsibility for Texaco Worldwide Exploration and Production's legal activities, based in Houston. Port previously was responsible for the Corporate and Transaction Group of Texaco Inc.'s Legal Department.
Updated: March 1997