Unocal 76 introduces new gasoline credit cards:
oil company offers new Spanish-language and college student credit card programs
Brea, Calif., Feb. 20, 1996 -- The 76 Products Company, a division of Unocal Corporation (NYSE: UCL), has introduced several new credit card products to the market. Two Programs For Spanish-Speaking Consumers:
- Unocal introduced a dedicated Spanish-language MasterCard card, offered in conjunction with co-branding partner, Associates National Bank.
- The 76 MasterCard program offers no annual fee, an unlimited 1% rebate toward free gasoline at Unocal 76 locations, and a special introductory interest rate of 7.6% APR. Consumers may apply for the card by phone at 800-255-3270.
- The other, new Spanish-language card is the Unocal 76 proprietary gasoline credit card.
Both cards for the Spanish-speaking community also offer no annual fee and convenient use of the company's pay-at-the-pump fuel dispensers.
The two new Unocal 76 Spanish language credit card programs go beyond just an application brochure printed in Spanish. It includes special credit underwriting criteria designed for the unique needs of the segment dedicated Spanish-speaking representatives, and support materials in Spanish.
Also New Are Two Programs For College Students:
- The Student 76 MasterCard program also offers no annual fee, an unlimited 1% rebate towards free gasoline at Unocal 76 locations, and a special introductory interest rate of 7.6% APR.
- The Student Unocal 76 Gasoline Credit Card is being promoted on more than 600 college campuses across the United States.
76 Products Company is committed to supporting the ways our customers choose to pay. These programs are just the beginning of delivering the payment choices our customers prefer -- both today and into the next millennia.
Unocal will introduce additional new payment cards for both the consumer and commercial fleet segments over the next several weeks and months.
76 Products Company is the marketing, refining, product supply and transportation unit of Unocal Corporation. 76 Products Company has approximately 1,200 branded Unocal 76 service stations throughout the West and operates three California refineries with a crude oil processing capacity of 250,000 barrels per day.
Updated: February 1996