people and community chevron tees up more than $2 million to support women and girls
2 min read | may 26, 2022
why it matters
by the numbers
During the week of the championship, we reinforced our commitment to diversity and inclusion by giving:
- $700,000 to Techbridge Girls, an organization that excites, educates, and equips girls from underserved communities to pursue STEM careers.
- $300,000 to the National Society of Black Engineers, which created the Summer Engineering Experience for Kids (SEEK) to inspire Black students with the opportunities and wonder of the STEM field.
- $700,000 to Catalyst, which for 60 years has accelerated the progress of women in business and is leading the Great Reimagining of the workplace – one that works for all women.
- $150,000 to KPMG Future Leaders Program. Chevron supports the KPMG Future Leaders Program, which focuses on developing future generations of women leaders.
- $200,000 to LPGA Foundation for a variety of programs intended to change the face of golf, on and off the course. A new Chevron scholarship through The LPGA Foundation will launch this fall to support girls from underrepresented communities seeking a STEM career path.
- $50,000 to Cathedral City Elementary School for supplies and programs, as well as 10 sets of golf clubs for the school’s new golf program. This included a book vending machine, classroom supplies, flex space seating pods and more STEM-related supplies through DonorsChoose.org, an online marketplace where teachers and others connect to give students the resources they need to learn.
beyond the dollars
our thought bubble
dr. alice gast: from chevron intern to chevron board member
people and communitynovember 15, 2023
techron, the police horse, retires to a life on the farm
people and communitynovember 10, 2023
veterans lead the way in the workforce
people and communitynovember 07, 2023
a clear vision guides workplace disability inclusion programs
people and communityoctober 30, 2023
chevron email updates
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive news and updates.