Headquartered in San Ramon, California, Chevron Corporation is the second-largest integrated energy company in the United States. We produce crude oil, natural gas and many other essential products.
We also invest in the communities where we work by providing quality jobs, partnering with contractors and supporting local charities.
Our products are sold in more than 8,900 Chevron® and Texaco® retail stations in the United States. We are a major supplier of aviation fuel in the United States.
Chevron's five U.S. refineries have the combined capacity to process approximately 955,000 barrels of oil per day.
Here are some other highlights of our U.S. operations:
- Chevron was one of the largest hydrocarbon producers in the United States in 2012.
- In 2012, Chevron again ranked No. 1 in net oil-equivalent production in California.
- Chevron operates more than 10,370 net miles (16,695 km) of pipelines in the United States.
- We are a leading developer, manufacturer and marketer of lubricant and fuel oil additives.
- We are building a $1.4 billion base oil plant at our Pascagoula, Mississippi, refinery. When completed, it will position Chevron as the world's largest premium base oil supplier. Mechanical completion is expected in late 2013.
- Our Chevron Shipping Co. managed approximately 2,100 deep-sea tanker voyages in 2012.
- Through our 50 percent ownership of Chevron Phillips Chemical Co. LLC (CPChem) and its affiliates, we're one of the world's leading producers of chemicals and plastics.
- We generate and sell power at plants in California and Wyoming.
Updated: April 2013