people and community rhonda morris: advancing education and racial equity
1 min read | may 31, 2022
why it matters
vice president and chief human resources officer
values in action
In 2020, Chevron made a $15 million pledge to support the Black community in the United States to address barriers to equity. A year later, we continue to address racial barriers through education, job creation, talent and leadership development, and community and small business partnerships.
The racial equity initiative focuses on four strategic pillars:
- Job creation
- Black talent and leadership development
- Community and small business partnerships
committed to the United Negro College Fund for STEM scholarships
a natural leader
Morris is the first African American female corporate officer at Chevron, having joined the group in 2016. Her focus is creating an environment where employees have access to opportunities and resources to achieve their full potential while helping to achieve Chevron’s aspirations.
- Morris was recognized by the National Diversity Institute as one of 2021’s Most Influential African Americans in Business and was inducted as a fellow in the National Academy of Human Resources, the highest honor granted in the HR profession.
- Morris was named by the San Francisco Business Times as one of 2019’s Most Influential Women in Bay Area Business and by Black Enterprise as one of 2019’s Most Powerful Women in Corporate America.
- Morris is a member of the Executive Leadership Council, an organization committed to increasing the number of black executives in C-suites, on corporate boards and in global enterprises.
dr. alice gast: from chevron intern to chevron board member
people and communitynovember 15, 2023
techron, the police horse, retires to a life on the farm
people and communitynovember 10, 2023
veterans lead the way in the workforce
people and communitynovember 07, 2023
a clear vision guides workplace disability inclusion programs
people and communityoctober 30, 2023
chevron email updates
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive news and updates.